|Janie||Pledge and Joke of the Day|
|Hyrum||Show and Tell|
|Lucy||Lead Map Song|
|Talmage||Word of the Day|
|Emma||Treasurer and Snack|
- Now that we know the Continents and Oceans of the world we are moving on to The United States! Our home! Memorize the United States of America song. CLICK HERE! It’s not too hard to do if you listen to it a few times a day. The song goes in order of where the states are on the map. Smart! Once you memorize the song, you can practice on your map with the States filled in and then practice on the other side that is blank.
- Pick a topic to present on from THIS LIST. Put your name by the topic you want and be prepared to teach us about it in a way that is fun. You will need to research a bit. Find what is interesting about your landmark or person. You can build a Lego model, create a story, a poster, or any other way to teach us what you learned about your topic.
- Books! Check out books on the United States from the library. Ask your mom. She may have a few available for you. It would be fun to have books on National Symbols, National Parks, famous Americans, or any part of American History. Picture books are my favorite way to learn!
- Watch these three videos.
- The State Flags Look at the flags for each of the 50 states. Which is your favorite?
- God Bless the USA I love this song! I feel so grateful to be an American.
- We Are Americans! This speech was given by President Regan, who was President when I was growing up. He reminds us how amazing our country is and how blessed we are to live in freedom.
- Movie Time! I’ll give your mom a few ideas on some fun American movies to watch!
In class we are going to have a few activities to celebrate America! Do you know that the United States is called a “Melting Pot?” That means that we are made up of different peoples. Americans are Japanese, European, Chinese, Mexican, African and any other ethnicity! Think about it- People came from all over the world to pursue the American Dream. A melting pot! People from all over, melted together as Americans! One thing we’ll do is make a melting pot (of food) to help us remember that Americans are made up of people whose ancestors lived all over the world.
- Project Life:
2 Truths and a Lie
Have you ever played this game? Write 2 truths and a lie. The trick is to get them to be the same level of believability. Here are two truths and a lie about me. Can you guess which is the lie? For example:
- I had a pet cougar when I was growing up.
- A racoon lived in our house when I was a kid.
- Our family had 5 pet dogs.
Can you guess which is the lie?
It might be fun to hide the answer somewhere in your book!
P.S. My lie is C!
2. Happy 1/ 2 birthday to Vilate! Make her a card!
We are reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens! It’s a delightful story! You will love it!