September 22-28 2023
|James||Pledge/Joke of the Day|
|Melody||Show and Tell|
Welcome to your first week of warrior training! This week we will be focusing on a very important characteristic of warriors- COURAGE! (Click the link to find out what courage really is)
You will complete 4 warrior tasks this week in order to develop your first skill as a warrior.
Print this blog page and cross off your tasks as you complete them.
WARRIOR TASK #1
Print and cut out the picture of the knight and quote above. Tape it near your bed, and read it out loud every night.
Little Rookies alternative: have your parent read it to you every night
WARRIOR TASK #2
Read this story about a boy named Brayden, who had the courage to change the world at just 5 years old. Then do the following:
- Brayden noticed that there were many homeless people who were often hungry, without any money to buy food. What problems have you noticed in the world? Some examples include:
- Endangered animals
- People who don’t have enough food
- People who don’t have clean water
- Pollution in the ocean
- People being unkind
- Choose a problem in the world that you would like to help out with.
- With a parent or older sibling, brainstorm ways you could help with this problem.
- Create your own truck that will help you solve your problem. This can be in the form of a drawing, a painting, a 3D cardboard replica, a clay model, legos, or anything you’d like. Be sure to think about the design of your truck, and how it will help your cause. For example, Brayden put uplifting scriptures on his truck to bring people happiness and hope.
- Bring your truck to Vanguard on Thursday to share with your class.
- Little Rookies alternative: Instead of creating your own truck, color this one!
WARRIOR TASK #3
- Watch this read aloud of a book titled Bravery Soup.
- Print this bowl to make your own Bravery Soup. Color a picture of a time you felt brave!
- Little Rookies alternative: Watch the video, and talk about something brave you have done.
WARRIOR TASK #4
Choose one (or more, if you want) of the courageous people below, and learn more about them. Then complete one of the activities I listed. After you finish, tell a grandparent how you will be courageous like the person you studied. Bring your activity (coloring page, diorama, sling shot etc) to Vanguard on Thursday and be prepared to teach us about the person you studied.
Little Rookie Alternative: Watch The Good Samaritan Video 2, then color the corresponding page
|Courageous Person||Learn More||Activity|
|The Good Samaritan||Video 1, Video 2 (for younger kids)|
Read Luke 10:25-37
Discuss as a family: How can we have the courage to do the right thing, even when nobody else is doing it?
Ask for your family of examples of times when they had the courage to do what is right.
Read Esther 2-8
Discuss as a family: how does God use ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things? How can you let God know that you are willing to be used to accomplish His work?
|Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane||It took unimaginable courage for Jesus to endure all of the suffering that took place in the Garden of Gethsemane. You can read about His courage here. |
Watch this video.
Discuss as a family: how does Christ’s courage show me how much He loves me?
|David who battled Goliath||Video|
|Make a sling shot|
REMEMBER WARRIORS: To be a true warrior in God’s army, you must have the courage to stand up for what is right, even when it’s scary.
Rookies! For language arts there are three assignments!
- Finish reading Magic Treehouse, Night of the Ninja.
- Do a Project Life page on your mom! She is certainly one of the most important people in your life. Let’s do a page all about her! Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wNPDt-BSOs
Write an acrostic poem with your mom’s name. Your mom, dad, brother or a sister can help you write/type it if you need help.
(Your poem may not be enough detail about your mom. She is incredible! You may also want one of your boxes to include your favorite things about her.)
Make sure to include pictures of the two of you!