October 13- 19
|McKade||Pledge and Joke of the Day|
|Jayne||Show and Tell|
GOD’S MIGHTY WARRIORS ARE GRATEFUL!
God has given us so many blessings! Even when we are having a bad day, or feeling sad, we have something to be grateful for. This week you get to complete 3 activities to practice feeling grateful.
Activity # 1 : Gratitude Stones
- Watch this video read aloud of Gratitude is my Superpower
- Take a walk in your yard or your neighborhood to find your own gratitude stone. Carry it with you wherever you go for the whole day, and every time you think about your stone, tell Heavenly Father one thing you are grateful for.
- If you would like, you can decorate your stone. But this is completely optional.
- Bring your stone to class to show to your classmates.
- If you are interested in the activity page at the end of the video, you can find it here. This will help you develop even more gratitude, but this is optional.
Activity # 2 : Learning From Jesus
- Watch this video about how Jesus is a perfect example of giving thanks to Heavenly Father.
- Go to a quiet place where you can pray. Tell Heavenly Father at least 10 things you are grateful for. Let Him know how grateful you are for Jesus. Then sit quietly for a few moments and feel the peace He gives you.
- Repeat this every day for 6 days. Print this chart, and tape it by your bed to remind you to pray. Each day you pray, you color in the picture for that day.
- If you would like, you can bring the chart with you to Vanguard, and share what you felt when you prayed. This is optional.
Activity #3: Be grateful to those you love
- Print page 5 of this document. Only page 5, not the entire document (it should say “Gratitude Slips”).
- Cut the sides of each slip so they can be easily torn off.
- Set a goal to give out all of the slips to your family and friends before we meet on Thursday.
2, Project Life; Create a page of some of your favorite things! Just a reminder that each page should have a title. This page could be titled, “My Favorite Things!”
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite thing to eat?
What is your favorite game to play?
What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
What is your favorite song?
3, Keep reading Buffalo Before Breakfast.